Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WLW #11

Pin It
Do you have bad weeks? I haven't had a bad week... but I would be lying to you if I came here and pretended like I have been on track. I have had a bad holiday weekend... plain and simple. I am so happy that I still got up and ran the 5K that I had signed up for... but sometimes it is so hard to shake the fact that I am causing myself to fail momentarily... I would love to hear about your bad moments, days, weeks and how you pick yourself back up again and start...

So this week we want to hear from you all! Let us know what you do to get past a bad weekend, or to overcome holiday times without losing all sense of self-control and accomplishment.  Or share how you get yourself back in the game after messing up when you have been doing so great!

TIP OF THE DAY: 
Yesterday I pinned a story of Pinterest of this girl who had been pretty active in HS, then in college gained a lot of weight, and when she realized how out of shape she had gotten, she started to change things.  It wasn't an over-night change, but a steady change with lots of ups and downs over a course of several years before she really changed her lifestyle.  But you can see before and after pics and read about what she's doing now and it is amazing.  
One tip I got from reading her story though is to focus more on lifting weights.  Most of the time I tend to do about 85% of my workout as cardio, and only 15% on weights or strength building.  I am going to start doing more 50/50 though, and spending more time lifting.  She said not only does it burn calories, but it is also very toning.  And to push yourself while doing it....your last few reps should be VERY hard.  And you should only take about 30-60 breaks between so that you can continue burning.  Also, I do 3 times of 15 reps.  Anyways, I'll keep you updated as I start this new type of workout.  


A new thing we are starting this week with Weightloss Wednesday is that we will be pinning fitness/workout stuff to our new "Fitness Motivation" board on Pinterest! Follow us there to get motivated!!



Here's our stats for this week: 


WLW Stats for BIG SIS:(Cassey)
Starting Weight: 210
Wed. 3/21: -13lbs total 
Wed. 4/3: -16lbs total
Wed. 4/10: -22lbs total
Wed. 4/17: -25lbs total
Wed. 4/25: -29lbs total
Wed. 5/2: -32lbs total
Wed. 5/9: -34lbs total  
Wed.5/16: -34lbs total
Wed. 5/23: -37lbs total
Wed. 5/30: -36lbs total

WLW Stats for LITTLE SIS: (Brittany)
Starting Weight: 170
Wed.3/28: -3lbs total
Wed. 4/10: -6.5lbs total
Wed. 4/17: -7.5lbs total
Wed. 4/25: -7.5lbs total
Wed. 5/2: -8.5lbs total
Wed. 5/9: -10.5lbs total 
Wed.5/16: -10.5lbs total
Wed. 5/23: -10.5lbs total
Wed. 5/30: -12lbs total 





Pin It