Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My First Thanksgiving

Pin It
Last year for Thanksgiving we were in California visiting my sister. It was such a great time because I was able to get to experience cooking a Thanksgiving meal for the first time.  My sister and I cooked everything together, and it was so much fun! 

This year though, my husband and I have decided to stay at our home and have Thanksgiving together, with us and our host sons! I am so excited because we will get to experience cooking the entire meal by ourselves! 

And if you don't know.....that is a BIG DEAL! 

So here is the plan.  
First, I will make a bunch of appetizers and we will have a brunch with appetizers around 11am. 
Then we will have our Thanksgiving meal for dinner around 5pm.
After that we will decorate our house for Christmas, then probably go back and eat some more :-) 

Here is our Thanksgiving Day menu! 

Brunch snacks:
Stuffed Mushrooms
Chips & dip
White Queso
Pico de Gallo
Hold you Horses
Stuffed Jalapeno
Sausage Balls
Dinner:
Turkey
Stuffing
Gravy
Mac n Cheese
Rolls
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
 Mashed Potatoes
Deviled Eggs
 Butternut Squash
Dessert
Pumpkin Roll
Mini Pecan Pies
Drinks
Water
Sweet Tea
Wine



Are you cooking any of these same things!?? 
What menu item is your favorite for Thanksgiving!?? 


Pin It