Monday, January 23, 2012

Toddler & Choices

Pin It
Hey everyone! So the MERGE of the NATURAL-NESTERS is official, and we are off to a great start! This is actually my first post on the new blog, and I'm loving the new look! We have some great things to share with yall in our near future, but for today I wanted to share with all of our new and old subscribers some fun organizational stuff I have done at my home recently! 
Enjoy! 
& we can't wait to share more with you all soon! 

Do you give your toddler choices? What they want to play, eat, do? I have been reading one of the best blogs ever for the past few months, Play At Home Mom, and they have some fantastic ideas! 

One of the blogs that really caught my eye was setting up an area where your child can choose their snacks. So, I have taken the time to set it up. It has been working very well in my home. My son goes to the door and wants me to help him open it, and he chooses what he wants. 

The first things that he does when he wakes up is get a snack, usually a baggie of cereal, and then watch one episode of cartoons as we wait for our daycare friends to arrive. 


This is his shelf in the pantry.
Applesauce and Crackers

Cereal and Crackers

Fruit bowls, dried fruit, raisins

Squeezy fruit, fruit bowls


It has been working so well. I know he is going to be so excited when he wakes up tomorrow to a new stock of snacks for him to choose from. I love watching his little eyes go from one to another to make his choice. It is so nice to have him pick what he wants.... less work for me! :)

He already had his own drawers with his cups, plates, bowls. But tonight I spent some time to organize them. I will be checking them and making sure they stay organized. I know he will appreciate the organization more as well. 

When he helps me unload the dishwasher, he is really good at putting his things in his drawer, hence the reason it looks like the one below. 

Organized...


My pantry... It needs some work. THAT, is my next project. I have some ideas on how I want to organized it.. I will share when it is completed. 


Way too excited about finding the bulk section in a local grocery store. All of that pasta cost me LESS than $5.00. Amazing. 



This is my sons area in the fridge. He has gogurts, cheesesticks, blackberries, and strawberries. 


He is going to LOOOOVE it! I hope this helps someone. Remember to check out that website! 

Natural-Nesters
-C
Pin It