Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Brussels Sprouts 'n' Bacon

Pin It
As much as I wish this was MY creation, it isn't... All credit goes to the book Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso. 

I post pictures on my facebook of the many awesome foods that I cook. I posted this one and was requested the recipe by many people. So, friends, now you get to see the recipe here!

Even if you do not like brussels sprouts, you will LOVE this! If you have never cooked brussels sprouts, you can COOK this! It is so easy and oh so yummy. I have been trying many different recipes from this cookbook and everything I have cooked has been fab! Just look at the awesomeness in this picture:

YUMMO! 

Seriously! This is so great! 

Ingredients:
       6 bacon strips                                 1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 pound brussels sprouts                Black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dice bacon and cook in a skillet until crispy.
3. Steam the brussels sprouts for 4 minutes, cut off stem, and quarter.
4. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss the brussels sprouts with the bacon, bacon grease, garlic powder, thyme, and black pepper. Spread evenly in a glass baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Stir once half way through cooking time.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 5

Seriously, how easy is this. I have made it as a side for dinner and also just as a lunch meal! 

Happy eating!
-Big Sis
Pin It