Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reading List

Pin It
This summer I decided part of me being productive and disciplined, and part of me growing more spiritually would involve creating a summer reading list. So that is what I have done.

READING LIST:
1) Always Enough by Rolland & Heidi Baker
2)
3) When Heaven Invades Earth by Bill Johnson
4) Compelled by Love by Heidi Baker
5) Visions Beyond the Veil by H.A. Baker
6) Your People Shall be My People by Don Finto

Anyways, so as I read these books I will blog about them! I encourage you that if you need a book to read, try out some of these! They are all wonderful books written by wonderful men and women who love the Lord & they will definitely encourage you and spiritually stir your heart up for more of God!

Always Enough by Rolland & Heidi Baker
This is a book that we are supposed to read for our mission trip to Mozambique, Africa and the authors are the people who have started multiple orphanages/resource centers in Mozambique, and over 5,000 churches in Africa!

It is an incredible book written about testimonies and troubles that have gone on through their time/call in Mozambique! It has stirred my heart to much to be totally surrendered to the Lord and allow Him to guide my life and be in full control of it! It has taught me so much about what living by faith, being poor in spirit and knowing what being totally dependent on the Lord looks like!

If you want to hear about real testimonies that are happening on earth right now! If you want to see what it really looks like for His Kingdom to come on earth as it is in Heaven then read this book!!

I will end with this, an encouraging quote from the end of the book:
"This new army doesn't get tired. You know why? They know how to lie down in His presence. They know how to rest in His arms. They know how to lay their heads on His chest and listen to His huge heart. They weep with Him over the dying, the crying, the broken, the abused and the lost. Do you really think you can work hard and start a revival? Just run out there and get them? You can't. But when Jesus shows His face and He breathes life into the dry, dry, bony Church, and that Church stands up full of His presence, carrying His glory, nobody can resist anymore!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment